Saturday, November 14, 2015

Another media blog entry. (updated a lot)

It's terrible that such bad news appear right when you have to do a dedicated assignment about media. I could say so many things about what's going on, but i'm not going to, It's too much stuff that I don't want to get started on that.

Instead, I will yet again point at how weird it is that people turn to social media for news.

In this case, I was browsing around and ran into this post:

I don't speak French, so I couldn't understand tv
http://9gag.com/gag/aepwZdB
The person that posted this mentioned that they don't know french and they don't understand whats going on in the news, so naturally they turned into a place they know will most likely provide answers.

Among the ordinary "Fallout 4 is out" and "John Travolta" posts, there were a lot of messages posted by people following the news all over the world. Many in the USA are posting pictures of governmental buildings that have been lit with the colors of France's flag to show support. It's amazing how nowadays you can so easily find out what happens around the world as a reaction to another event.

I'm sure many would not see those pictures at all if it wasn't for social media. The printed press and even the news webpages can only "print" a limited amount of pictures, right?

Here are a few images of what's going on right now.

For France.
To our friends in France... America stands and mourns with you...
Empire state building right now, Pray For Paris
Landmarks lit up to support France
Well...
And I don't think I am the only one. Thanks guys.

I don't know. It seems to give a sense of unity. I don't log into social media to check whats going on, I mostly log when i'm bored and have nothing else to do, like have a few seconds of peace that could not be used to, say, play a game.

I keep updating this because I've been paying attention to how things have developed over the day.
It seems at first people seemed to be shocked and supportive. Now some other issues have been arising:

Really more people get killed in middle east is not a consolation to the French. At least they are trying to control the terrorists there

Facebook right now

Need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment