Sunday, November 1, 2015

Time Travel. Media Landscape Report.

The world is healing.
If you haven't, read this post first.

I hope you enjoyed the short story setting I wrote for this assignment. It costed me a lot to do it, since I paid for an upgrade for my 3d modeling program (*grin*) and well... It did take the whole weekend to make and render that tiny video of the chair with plants and water. Too much water, and in retrospective, I shouldn't have used brushed steel as a material for the chair, too many reflections of water waves and plants moving around. But now I have so many ideas of pictures I want to make related to this story! Now that i just uploaded the video, i gotta say.. it looks terrible and horrific. I hate it. I have no idea what happened with compression rates or something while uploading. This is a nightmare...

Anyways, back to the assignment. On this trip to the future, I followed a Worst Case Scenario with a twist. Since the assignment was defined as "no right or wrong answers" I did push it a bit to the extreme and had a lot of fun in the process of making the whole story in my head (and checking lots of facts and conventions so that things sound plausible, I even came up with my own interplanetary time system and all!).

I wrote the story of how the world ends due to disarray and chaos. How, sadly, the amount of small minded people overwhelms the possibility of a brighter future and eventually ends with the demise of the human species. Before all is lost, the party blamed for the chaos (the aliens who hadn't even made contact with us by the time of the war aka 'The Raze') comes and saves the day for the few remaining bits of human society and takes them to safety while, well, Earth gets a makeover.

In this setting, I considered the media going back to a more primal state, where it is actually used as a means of communication, no hidden agendas, no evil handlers, no puppeteers and no zombified spectators. An Utopian media if you will. The way intelligent and moral beings would use it, discarding the bad aspects of it.

The media would affect the society in a way that it would (in my setting in the future) help reintegrate the remaining people. It would give back a sense of community and belonging, while being friendly, informative and positive. It would be awaited instead of just another part of the busy lives of our contemporary lives.

All in all. Yeah, I hope you enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment